Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Anna Olson, “Bake with Anna Olson”
- 6 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp each ground cinnamon, cardamom, anise seed, allspice, clove, and black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Icing sugar, for rolling the baked cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the honey, granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, egg and egg yolk. Sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt over the sugar mixture and stir until evenly blended (the batter will be dense). Use a small ice cream scoop (#60 size), or two teaspoons to scoop the batter and then shape them into balls between the palms of your hands place them onto the prepared trays, leaving two-inches (5cm) between each. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned. Cool the cookies on the tray and then roll them in icing sugar to coat them completely.